menu   Home About Me My Classroom My Products My Conferences  

Columbus Day





We had a 3 day week so we spent 2 days learning about Columbus, maps and globes.  We used clay to design ships that would float.    The kids had a great time building their ships and testing them out.  Only four of them were able to get their ships to float.  After they built their ships we tested the buoyancy.  To test the buoyancy we added plastic bears one at a time to see how many bears the ship could hold before it started sinking.   We found out that the boat designs with the highest sides floated the best.





 


3 comments:

  1. I teach kindergarten and we did your sailing ships experiment this week. We had a blast, there was water everywhere and the highlight was when one of my students yelled "we have a floater over here!" Thanks for sharing all your awesome ideas. I am so excited that you have a blog now.
    Jonelle Bell
    aplacecalledkindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your kids enjoyed the experiment! It is so much fun to see them get excited about Science. I'm going to have to check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this activity a few weeks ago, I am SO excited to see what happens tomorrow! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...