Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Farm and Apple Fun!

My husband would say that he's glad there's only one of me.  But, I can't tell you how great it would be if I could clone myself during the first 9 weeks of school.  I am sure you guys feel the same way!  Once the first 9 weeks are over and the kids know all of the routines it is smooth sailing.  I can't wait for the day that I don't hear little voices calling out, "Mrs. Jump" 100 times.  I told my little sweeties that I was going to change my name and one of them said in a worried voice, "But then we won't know who you are!"  Aren't kindergartners adorable???  I am in love with all 23 of them.  Even the little stinkers!  :)

Here are some pictures of some of the types of things we do during our farm unit. 






Our PIG tree map initial sounds sort... sorry it is so wrinkled!  I kept forgetting to take my camera to school so I folded it up and brought it home when we were finished with it.

Our interactive apple chart....yep....wrinkled for the same reason.  :)


student art project for the apple poem.


Which Apple is Your Favorite? Picture graph and data analysis

Making Predictions based on the story clues.  I love the book, Who's in the Shed?  by Brenda Parkes.
It is hard to find but it is a great one!

We read, The Flea's Sneeze and Baa-Choo and compared the stories.

Our Mud bubble map


We used the adjectives from our bubble map to write a Mud Poem.  (the poem idea was originally from Victoria at Kinderkorner).

We made mud (chocolate pudding) and wrote the steps in our piggy books.


My Halloween unit was one of the first ones I created for TPT.  I've added a few new things to it including the Frankie Friend glyph below.  If you've already purchased the unit you can get the revised one by going to your Downloads folder and redownloading it (no charge).  The price of this unit is still only $5.  To check it out you can click on the picture below.

Also, the Fall centers packet that I created with Julie Lee is almost finished.  She is patiently waiting on me to finish my part.  It will be finished by tomorrow!  
I'm also working on:

Putting all of the spelling chunk cards in one file (per popular request) they will be posted here for free as soon as I finish.

October Math journal prompts will be finished and posted to TPT by next week.
Scarecrow and Pumpkins Mini unit (adorable scarecrow... I can't wait to show you!)

Someone asked me which font I use the most in my units and I can't find the email.  If you're reading this the font I use the most is Doodle Basic.  You can get it by clicking on the pink button at the top left of my blog.

Thanks so much for all of the prayers for my brother J.R.  He is getting better and we hope to have him home soon!  Have a GREAT week! 


31 comments:

  1. Your farm unit looks Great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your stuff looks wonderful!! It looks like you have been busy. Prayers continue to go your way for your family.
    Robynn
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  3. So it gets better after 9 weeks?? I forget every year and I'm exhausted!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your blog. I think you are my hero. I want to be Mrs. Jump when I grow up!!! lol.. Silly question... do you have a para? I LOVE all the stuff you do but I have NO clue how you get it done.... either you are really supergirl, or you have help. lol. So which is it?!? ;)

    In any case, I can't wait to try your apple interactive writing next week! :) Love it!

    Katy
    Kindergarten Katy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just an FYI: I'm totally requesting for you to be Becks' K teacher...

    ...now, when are you moving to KY????

    He he he :)

    As always, thanks for the inspiration!!!! Love ya, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your appletree graph as well as all your projects you share. Thanks so much for sharing, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, so I have the most adorable “MUD” song.
    It goes like this.

    “MUD, MUD, Glorious mud,
    Nothing quite like it for cooling the blood...(gesture with rubbing opposite arms with hands)
    Follow me, follow, (gesture with hands to come follow me)
    Down to the hollow, (gesture with hands, scoop hands down like a hollow)
    Where we can wallow, (gesture with a shimmy and squirm around like you are swimming in the mud)
    In glorious MUD!!” 

    I hope you can catch the tune and can use it...
    It is kind of poetic.
    My kids love it..when we talk about the farm and also dinosaurs. They like to take turns in the middle of a circle pretending they are the animals rolling in the mud. I let 3 or 4 do it at a time.
    ENJOY
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO excited for the next math centers pack!!! I'm loving the August Septemeber one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of your "stuff". I am confused about the farm unit. I wanted to purchase it because I want to have my kinders work on some of the things you posted on your blog. On TPT you suggested waiting for your fall farm unit. Is it available? I really want to work on it with my kids now. We will be visiting a farm soon and I thought it would be cool to prepare the farm work now. Prayers and good wishes for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We were all OVER your farm unit this week! Great, great fun! We start your apple unit next week. I sure hope you don't run out of ideas... I would be LOST!

    Mrs. Wills Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh, I can't wait to see the pumpkin and scarecrow mini unit. I was going to have my kiddos make a scarecrow for my bulletin board, but now I am definitely going to wait for yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can I just tell you how excited I get everytime you have a new post or put a new unit on TPT!! I looooove everything you do! You're amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the apple trees!! SO cute! I can't wait to see your Fall and pumpkin/scarecrow units! Keep it coming! Prayers for your brother and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. just wanted to say i'm a new follower apopovic@primus.ca

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your blog so much that I've nominated you for the "I Heart Your Blog" Award! Thank you so much for sharing your talents! Please visit my blog to accept your award. =)
    Sincerely,
    Rebecca @ http://teachingfirst-abc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your blog and decided to pass along the "I Heart You Blog" Award! Thank you for inspiring my colleagues and me!

    Ms. Trinh
    http://mztrinh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blog has inspired me and for that I have given you the "I heart your blog" award. Thanks for all you're wonderful ideas and activities!!!

    kindergarten days

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your blog has inspired me and for that I have given you the "I heart your blog" award. Thanks for all you're wonderful ideas and activities!!!

    Rachelle
    http://sweetkindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You make me want to teach 1st grade! Ha!! I teach 2nd, so I can use some of the things you create, but sometimes I just want to teach first so I can use more of it (and if you know me, you know that I've always said I WON'T teach 1st - haha!)
    Thanks for sharing!

    http://theteacherscauldron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your stuff! I just sent home the little school house with parents at conference and they loved it! I am exhausted to.....I really did forget how tiring the first 6-9 weeks are. We are starting Pete the Cat next week and I can't wait for this kids to hear it! Thank you for sharing you are truly an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are awesome and I want to thank you for all the inspiration you provide so I passed the Versatile Blogger Award your way! Prayers to your family.
    Come over and grab the button!
    Barb
    Meet me at the zoo…
    kinderzoo

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wanted to let you know that I greatly admire your blog and I would like to give you the Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you so much for sharing all of your ideas and inspiring me on a daily basis!

    Victoria
    wisewittyteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE your blog! I just wanted to let you know that I gave you the Versatile Blogger award! You can check out my post here:

    Teachin' First

    Kristy
    =0)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just bought your Fall Unit and can't wait to get started. I've used some of your back to school units and my kids LOVED the activities. I've posted on my blog about your fall unit.

    Diana
    coleslittlepups.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE your blog Mrs. Jump! I am a student in Early Childhood Edu and I start student teaching next year. I have been so hooked on your blog and the way you teach. I wish I can observe your teaching! Your lessons are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've selected your blog to receive the I Heart Your Blog Award! Head on over to my blog:

    http://teachlove-ncalderbank.blogspot.com/

    Thank you for sharing all of your fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your blog! Thanks for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great ideas! How do you find the extra time to blog!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I want to purchase some of your units on TPT. I am purchasing a printer that has color ink. As you have so many colorful resources, could you recommend a printer? Thanks,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  30. In your units on TPT , do you include a book list for the unit? I Love having a book as a context for my lessons.
    Thanks,
    Michelle!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover