menu   Home About Me My Classroom My Products My Conferences  

Penguin Plans Day 3 and a freebie!


I have to head out for my son's basketball game so this is going to be a quickie!
Here's a picture of our Percy Penguin fair shares math activity [from my Penguin unit}.
The kids LOVE the song and they loved completing their book.  
Who doesn't love math when it involves music and food right?


Penguin Tree Map we used Shared Writing to complete this and the kids did their own.
We worked on this several times throughout the day when we had a few minutes.  We didn't complete this all in one sitting.


Some examples of their penguin writing for our Nonfiction book.



Here are my plans for tomorrow.  You can click on the picture of my plans to download it.



This is our chit chat message for tomorrow.
They loved finding out that a group of baby chicks is called a kindergarten!
The answers for the chart are:
A group of baby chicks is called a kindergarten.
Macaroni penguins dance to find their mate. 
[If the female likes the males dance she will be his mate.  If not, she waddles away.]
{Rockhopper penguins: to find a mate the male will bring a rock for building a nest to the female penguin if she likes him she will take the rock if not she waddles away. AHHH....penguin love! so cute!

Think Math for our math warm up tomorrow.


Do you like to eat fish? math survey 
In addition to helping my kids with collecting and recording data it will also help me find out how many worms and fish I need for our penguin glyph on Thursday.  
Click on the picture to download your freebie.


Have a Wonderful Wednesday!  


19 comments:

  1. Your penguins are so stinkin' cute! Love the freebie!
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Penguin ideas are too cute. Thank you for sharing your lessons and other freebies. It's so very much appreciated.

    Kayla
    Primary Junction

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids are loving your penguins unit! Thanks so much for posting these lessons and freebies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you! {not in a weird, I'm stalking you kind of way though}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for posting such cute ideas!! You ROCK :)

    Michelle

    Our Sweet Success

    ReplyDelete
  6. This will be perfect to help us start our new unit in Math. Collecting Data!
    Thanks for the freebie!
    ❁Beth Ann❁
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    bakteach16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute ideas! I love the Chit Chat idea! Would you explain that a little more? Do you do it during your morning meeting or just when you are about to discuss that certain topic? I love that you keep them involved with their own chit chat books!
    Katie
    ksrz1207@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for such wonderful ideas. You are amazing.

    Tricia

    Queen with Class

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought your penguin unit for next week. Thanks for the freebie to add to it! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your ideas! Do you sell your Chit Chat messages at your TPT store?


    Another PB&J Day
    mrswong404@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE getting a peek at your day! Thanks so much for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to know more about your centers - do you meet with one group per day? Or do your centers change throughout the week so children are not going to the same one twice? You are an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for posting! However, geesh, you K writing makes my kids look sooooooooooooo low :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog is wonderful! Thanks for all you do and the freebie :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay!!!! A survey!!!! Did I mention how much I L.O.V.E. them?! You're SO smart!!;) Thanks so much!!!!
    Little Warriors

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this unit! I bought it last year and can't wait to use it again this year with my kiddos :) Do you happen to have the direct link for the penguin video you show in class from the National Geographic website? I have been looking around and can only find a 2 minute video. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks again for all you do :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...