Monday, January 16, 2012

Walruses Day 1

Hey y'all!  I hope you enjoyed your weekend.  It was so nice to have an extra day off!  Tomorrow we begin our Arctic animals unit and our focus is on walruses.  


Click on the picture if you want to download my plans for tomorrow.
Most of the things I will be doing this week comes from this unit.


My son plays varsity basketball and we were out of town for games so I didn't get a chance to post what we did on Friday.  Here are some quick pictures.
Penguin facts


Our penguin glyphs and glyph books from my Penguin unit.



We did a directed drawing and bubble map for Tacky the Penguin.

Have a Terrific Tuesday!  

10 comments:

  1. Great ideas! I checked out National Geographic website! Now that I have an iPad and document camera, I am looking for sites to use.
    thank you
    Tonia
    Mrsvento.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ideas! Thank you for sharing your plans and great units. Tacky is one of my favorite characters, and my kids love him too!

    Mary Beth
    Run Teacher, Run

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your stuff!
    htt://growingreadersandwritersinkinder.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this for kinder or 1st?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lesson plans are so helpful. It's great to see how other teachers structure their day. Thanks for taking the time to share them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the copy of your plans. I love to see how other teachers structure their day. I was wondering... when and how you introduce new letters and sight words for the week? Love, love, love your creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deanna!

    I'm certain this can't be your first, but I nominated you for The Versatile Award! I simply wanted to recognize all your hard work and amazing creativity! It's been a sincere pleasure keeping up with your blog and I'm forever checking back to see if you've posted any new ideas. Seeing your lessons and the obvious passion you have for children makes me want to go back in time and be a kindergartner again :)

    Of course, if you wish to accept, the details can be found at my blog, Kindergarten Lesson Plans!

    Have a wonderful week and thanks again for sharing your brilliance with others!

    Kayla Johnson

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover