Saturday, June 9, 2012

In Pictures and In Words book study!


Hey Friends!  Nothing says summer like, book study!  Woo-Hoo...I love diving into a great book that will help me learn and grow as a teacher.  So put down your copy of Fifty Shades of Gray ;) and grab this book!   This year we will be diving into Katie Wood Ray's Book, In Pictures and in Words.
I'm so excited to participate in this book study with all of my bloggy friends.   
Who better to help me think more deeply about this text than you guys?

When does it start?  
On June 22nd, Deedee Wills will launch our study on her site.  Then each week another blog will host a section of the book. 
How do I participate?
You will want to follow the blogs who are hosting the chapters (so you won't miss anything).

If you have a blog:  You can create a post (using our guiding questions) and link up with the hosting blog.
If you do not have a blog:  You can simply comment on the blog with your reflections.

The beautiful thing about blog book studies is you can check in whenever you want.  If you have plans during this time of year... no worries... The information will be here waiting for you!

What is the schedule?
Below is a book mark to help you along the way.  It has the hosting blog, dates, and guiding questions.
Simply print it out and keep it with you as you go through the book study.

Giveaways?
You bet!  We will give away gift certificates for books from
BTW... The Clever School Teacher is a GREAT place to purchase books for your Readers and Writers Workshop.  I LOVE how they have all of the books organized.  You really need to check it out.

We have more exciting news about this book study soon!  Yipee!

Tell me you are as excited as I am?

28 comments:

  1. My book is already on order. Looking forward to the book study.
    Stacy

    Simpson Superstars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just received my book in the mail yesterday!! So excited!!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I just ordered my copy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exciting. I love book studies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have LOVED what I've read so far!! It's an awesome book. I can't wait to get started sharing ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaay! Just got my book!!

    Ashley
    www.teacherstreasurechest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of my favorite books! I read it last year and have many parts memorized as I advocate for children drawing and writing:) I look forward to the great conversations.

    Kathy Griffin
    kathygriffinteach@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yippee!!!!! I am ready! My book is here, and I can't wait to participate with everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes!! I was wondering what I was going to read this summer. I am ordering the book right now. Thank you for planning the book study. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited! The book looks great!
    Thanks,
    Caterina

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! I have never heard of this book before but I am ALWAYS looking for ways to improve my writing curriculum. I'm placing my order today! Can't wait:)
    Maribel
    learninginwonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I keep seeing this book on people's wish lists. Will have to check it out!

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great idea to help stay productive over the summer! Can't wait for it to start!

    Kelly
    Kindergarten Kel

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOOO....I need to get the book!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm super excited! I've got my book and I'm ready to roll. :)

    Mary
    Mrs. Lirette's Learning Detectives

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Deanna,
    Thanks so much for having this books study with other professionals. I'm trying to print the study guide, but it is redirecting me to Google. I tried printing the picture, but it is too small. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks
    laurie@curtsvideo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am new to your blog and look forward to reading this book! What other books about writing do you recommend? Do you have a 'book favorites' list anywhere? Thank you so much for all of your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's always great hearing about new books to help become better at teaching. Have you read the book The Power of Words: Teacher Language That Helps Children Learn?

    Casey
    Coffee Talk with Mr. Brewer

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea! I love you blog and my students absolutely love all your creative activities:). Thank you!

    Steph

    www.KindergartenSparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I bought this book earlier this year at the Wisconsin State Reading Convention. I have flipped through it but haven't really dug into it. This is the perfect opportunity! I am super excited! I feel like I am going to be doing this book study with a great group of friends even though I've never meet any of you all in person. Thanks for all the hard work & time you've invested. I really appreciate it & am sure the others participating do as well. My incoming kindergarten kiddos are in for a real treat next year with an improved writer's workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anyway to get a PDF version of the document? I can't seem to open google docs on my iPad. May be a user error I agree. Looking forward to the study. Virginia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I right clicked and fumbled my way through. I was able to get it to my desktop and then printed. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  23. Sounds fun and can't wait to get started. I am ordering my book today!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So excited! I am ordering my book...now:)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I already have this book and I love it! I have been using it since last year. I am moving up to first this year and looping with my kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. My favorite book is Love That Dog. It portrays a young boy Jack and poetry. His teacher Miss Stretchberry is able to get Jack to reveal some important life events through poetry and we see Jack grow trmendously as a character

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover