menu   Home About Me My Classroom My Products My Conferences  

Common Core Standards Organization and Wishy Washy!


I've had a lot of questions about how I organize my Common Core Standards 
and Essential Questions.
I display them on posters which are hot glued to ribbon.  The standards are attached with velcro so that they are easy to change in and out.  (Please excuse the bad picture above.  The standards shown are from the 1st grade set.  Notice that the clipart images match the standard and that the essential question clipart also matches.  This helps the little ones who can't read understand the standard by using the picture clue).  THESE ARE AVAILABLE AS WE CAN AND I CAN STATEMENTS SO THAT YOU CAN CHOOSE WHICH ONES TO PRINT AND DISPLAY.



To store the standards I have them organized in a plastic container. The Standards and Questions are stored together so that I can easily grab the ones I need.  I cut colored cardstock to separate them by strand.  Click HERE to download the labels for free.  I just glued them to the front of the cardstock.  


Above you can see the label for the exact container I used.  I bought it at Target and the standards fit perfectly.


Don't have the posters?  Click on the links below to read what others are saying about them.

  They are available for Kindergarten and First Grade.

Click HERE for Kindergarten.
Click HERE for First Grade.

Essential Questions Posters.
Click HERE for Kindergarten.
Click Here for First Grade.

Also,  I just wanted to let you know about my favorite book character,  Mrs. Wishy Washy!
You can view her facebook page HERE  My kids love reading all about her adventures and there are lots of new stories out about her.   Check them out!  They are a must read for any K-1 classroom.
   

23 comments:

  1. This is a great tool for our little ones. Teachers often forget how important it is to tell their students what they will be learning and why!
    Fran@kindergartencrayons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna,

    Thank you for the labels. I will have to check out the First Grade Common Core posters. We are just beginning to use the Common Core standards this year in my district, so I definitely need at set of these.

    Mona
    First Grade Schoolhouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any chance you will create a set for second grade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would REALLY love to get my hands on some for second! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this pirate theme!

      Delete
  5. This will be a time-saver! I need more wall space (ha ha)!
    Chris Kazanjian
    The Kinder"garden" Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks awesome! We use essential questions and are making the transition to common core as well. I will be looking into these when I can get teachers pay teachers to work!

    Thank you so much!
    Primary Connections
    primaryconnections-beth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. My administration will not allow us to post the standards at "we can" statements. Could you offer yours so they could be edited? I know several teachers that would buy them. Thank you so much! Your work is awesome!!

    Beverly
    bmr549@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beverly, They are available in both I CAN and We CAN versions. :)

      Delete
  8. I got these for my room last year. I also would use them in the hallway displays so that administration could see that the "cute" things that we do ARE common core aligned. It was nice to take them off my posters and just move them out onto the hallway displays when we were done teaching the unit but still displaying what we had done. I also left the ones up around my room that we do daily (stations, calendar etc.). Great product with many ways to use it!

    Stephany
    Primarypossibilities.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought these in the Spring, and now have them cut, laminated and ready for hanging with ribbon. I am so excited to use them this year!

    Rhonda :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for taking your time to post how you organize them. A visual is so helpful!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just bought these and am excited to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always... LOVE!
    You always make me smile.

    Mary
    http://www.sharingkindergarten.com/p/apps-in-use.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for sharing this! I was trying to think of a way to organize my CC stuff. Love it!
    ☼ Kate
    To The Square Inch

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your organizational hints are the best. Thank you for sharing them. My kids will love seeing these and learning to read them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure this might be a dumb question that has been asked often- what font is that?

    ReplyDelete
  16. for some reason the link isn't working. :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the great idea. This will help me this year focus on the Common Core standards and will help students know what standard they are learning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can you tell me what size font you use on the standards? Love these boards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi can you please tell my the name of the alphabet letters that you downloaded from lettering delights. I created an account and I can not find the one you used for the title(Common Core Kindergarten) I appreciate if you can provide the name.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Deanna! Do you have these for second grade? :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...