Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Product Swap

MrsStanfordsClass

Hi Friends,
I was asked to participate in a really neat exchange.  It's called The Magical Product Swap!
What is a product swap you ask?
It's where teachers team up with each other and swap products, try them out and write a review.
I have been teamed up with Jessica Stanford and the product I am reviewing is her Behavior Management System.



This resource has many wonderful components to it.
1) Behavior Clip Management System that doesn't just focus on negative behavior.
Hallelujah!   This system allows students to move up based on their positive behavior.
I love this because I think it is so important to focus on the positive and teach children that they should always try their very best.
2)  Students each have a card that gets punched when they end the day on Great Day,  Role Model or Excellent Student.  There is also a school to home connection sheet to help keep parents informed about her their child is doing.


3)  Reward coupons with different types of rewards the students can earn with their completed punch card.  Some of the rewards include lunch with the teacher, 10 minutes of computer time, etc;

Also included in the resource is a Voice Level chart so that you can let the students know which voice level is appropriate for the current activity that is taking place in your classroom.


In my school we use Positive Discipline so I don't have this type of behavior system in my classroom.
However, if you teach in a school that requires you to use some type of system then I would urge you to please consider this one.  I love that it also provides a focus on positive behavior and has a parent component as well.    
You can check out this entire resource by clicking on the picture above.


If you don't already follow this cutie patootie's blog then you need to click below and follow her.  She is way too cute for words!


P.S.  For those of you who have been waiting on the Colorful Cats unit to be posted it will be posted this evening.  :)   I just have a few more things to add to it.  Have a great week, friends!!






10 comments:

  1. Thanks Deanna!! You are amazing :) You made my products look so nice hehehe I hope everyone will come check out your product on my page!

    http://mrsstanfordsclass.blogspot.com/2012/07/day-has-finally-come-welcome-to-magical.html

    Blessings,
    Jessica
    ✏ Mrs. Stanford's Class ✏

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that it allows for positive movement too. It looks like the kit contains everything you need. The punch card addition is helpful in keeping track for you and for the students.
    DillyDabbles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how everyone has their own take on the clip chart and LOVE being able to acknowledge positive behavior.

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deanna,

    I am new to blogging but, LOVE your products. I am looking for the the Pete the Cat unit. It does not seem to be on the TPT site any longer. Can you add it to your list of publications?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the link. It is now called, Colorful Cats.

      http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Colorful-Cats-Math-Science-and-Literacy-Fun-Aligned-with-Common-Core
      Thanks so much!

      Delete
  5. Great review of Jessica's product! I am excited to be using this system of behavior management in my classroom this year!

    Blessings,
    Brittany
    Keeping Up With First Grade

    By the way, I'm happy to be your newest follower! Your blog is amazing. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deanna, thanks for all your amazing ideas! I used several of your units in my classroom this past year with great success!! Would you mind taking a moment to explain your positive discipline system? I would love to incorporate more of that into my classroom. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deanna, you mentioned that your school doesn't use these types of charts. You guys use Positive Discipline. My school is a PBIS school and I was wondering if it was similar to that. If so, would you mind sharing what system or behavior plan you use in your classroom?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading, no, stalking your blog for great ideas! I too am interested in what the positive behavior system is you mentioned. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How does your positive discipline system work?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover